===== !!! =====
Vote Now! is the SGDA Junior Swiss Game Award 2022 winner
===== !!! =====
Vote Now! is a minimalist strategy game. The premise of the game is that you play as a political party aiming to pass a bill in Switzerland by propagandizing to influence voters' opinions. The game plays kind of like Reigns, as in you have a choice of 2 actions that you can pick from at a time. The game works using 3 main variables:
- Money. This determines if you can buy campaign materials. It can be earned by asking for donations from voters or sponsors.
- Votes. This determines how much in your favor the vote is going. From 0 (no voting intentions in your favor) to 100 (all voting intentions to your favor), it will be influenced by purchasing add-space, distributing flyers and organizing events.
- Optics. This determines if your party's image is in good shape or not. It is a modifier to the votes you get. This means that if you have 1.1 optics, it will add 1.1x the amount of votes you would normally get.
Historical Context & Commentary
- Against the Swiss Railways' Buyout
- For the Sickness and Accident Insurance Bill
- For the Elderly, Invalids and Veterans Insurance Bill
- For the Crisis Initiative
- For Romansch as a National Language
- For the Unfair Competition Bill
- For the Civil Protection Militia
- For Women's Suffrage
- For the Removal of Mandatory Military Service
- For the Prohibition of New Nuclear Power Plants' Construction
- For the Adhesion to the UN
- For the Restriction in Constructing New Secondary Residences
- For the Law Against Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation
- For Marriage and Adoption For All
- Against the Reform of the Elderly's Insurance
Fonts (free to use with attribution):
Vote Now! is a game prototyped in the context of a university programming class called "2D Video Games", supervised by Isaac Pante at the University of Lausanne. In this course, we learned to use KaboomJS, which I am using for this project. It was then further developped outside of this class.